Specialist Driver Training

The steps you need to gain your vocational licence

Getting your licence is straight forward with GOLGV.


1. You will need to add the vocational provisional category your require to your licence. To do this you must complete forms D2 application for lorry, minibus or bus licence and D4 medical examination report. These are available from our office, or you can order them for delivery direct to your home by following this link - form D2 (available from the DVLA - visit at https://www.gov.uk/dvlaforms). Hit the Start button, fill in your name and address, etc. Click on 'D2 Pack' listing then click 'Submit'. The forms are then on their way.

2. Complete form D2 - ensure you tick the correct category for the licence you require. If you are unsure, we can help! Call us on 01964 543 020.

3. Form D4 must be completed by an optometrist and / or all by a doctor. We recommend Humber Medical for this as you get a thorough check up at a reasonable cost. Alternately you can use your own doctor. Ask for prices before committing as they vary considerably. Follow this link to HumberMed - www.humbermed.co.uk

4. Send both of the above forms with your licence (both parts) to the DVLA

5. Start studying for your theory and hazard perception tests. Contact our office to get your login details for Theory Test Pro - one of the meny benefits of training with us!

6. When you receive your licence back from the DVLA

7. Book your theory and hazard perception tests in advance, and study toward the given date. You can book these via our office, or simply direct yourself by following this link - https://www.gov.uk/book-a-driving-theory-test).

8. After passing both tests you are ready for the practical training and test.

9. Contact the office to book the practical training and test on 01964 543 020.

NOTE - A driving assessment can be carried out once you have your licence back with the correct provisional licence.

Take a look at the different aspects of getting your licence by clicking on the section (right).

Always feel free to contact us to discuss your needs, or to assist with the above.

Getting qualified

In order to get full vocational entitlement, you must pass the following test modules:

You can click on any module above to view.